Skip to main content
our twitter linkdin
Amended Tax Returns
Amended Tax Returns

Mistakes happen.  When you make a mistake on your return that is to your credit, the IRS  is not obligated to correct your mistake when you get money back. 

  • Many mathematical errors are caught during the processing of the tax return and corrected by the IRS, so you may not need to correct these mistakes.
  • If you didn't claim the correct filing status or you need to change your income deductions, or credits, you should file an amended return.

Generally, for a credit or refund you must amend your return within 3 years after the date you timely filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.  IRS usually takes about 16 weeks to process amended returns.  Contact us for a free consultation.